03/02/2013

Check Geometry Validity in Geometry Tools





Check Geometry Validity in Geometry Tools

Ensuring the quality of the geospatial data is excellent is critical before going into spatial analysis so you can understand how excited I was when I first saw this module under Vector/Geometry Tools/Check Geometry Validity. I said wow! but at the end of the day, I do not know what to say about it whether I am disappointed or is it because I am ignorant in using it. I successfully managed to transform the identified geometry errors into a spatial form using csv and the Delimited Text Layer tool but after zooming in one of the  identified sites as shown above, it was not about over or undershoots, gaps or overlaps so I do not know what type of geometry error the plugin saw in it, in fact most of the other identified geometry errors look the same. I am lost. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment