02/11/2014

Ubuntu 14.10 and QGIS 2.6 Brighton



Facebook messages inform me that QGIS 2.6 is out so I decided to give it a try. I updated Ubuntu terminal mode using the apt-get update mode. Next, some files don't get updated because of  this PUBLIC key hiccup. Thankfully  my son is studying computer engineering and told me to make a Google search using no_pubkey and looking up askubuntu's How do I fix the GPG error “NO_PUBKEY”?  My son was so fast at it but roughly speaking he took a script from ask ubuntu and pasted it on the terminal then added the pubkey from the terminal and ran it. Later, I  upgraded using terminal mode. The Ubuntu Software UPdater GUI was still active so I installed what there was to install and noted it started to upgrade qgis to 2.6. Lastly, I gave the computer a logout-login, activated QGIS 2.6 and Google Hybrid then activated a landuse map of Kota Bharu and everything came out well in off the fly mode. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment