16/09/2012

How to crop a map?

First make a frame to determine the actual border to crop
Next, always remember: The clip layer is the frame layer
Wala! The output as required. Now can go to sleep
Bagaimana hendak crop peta?

Tugas ini biasanya dibuat dengan GIS proprietari oleh staf sokongan mengikut permohonan klien. Kini mereka telah menggunapakai QGIS lalu bertanya sama ada dan bagaimana cropping boleh dilakukan dengan QGIS. Mengikut teori, saya pasti ianya boleh dibuat tapi saya mengakui tidak pernah menyediakan kerana tugas tersebut selalu di delagasi kepada mereka. Saya sebaliknya bertanya apakah teknik yang mereka guna lalu terus mencuba sama ada ianya dapat dibuat dengan QGIS. Pada peringat awal saya menggunakan modul Split feature tetapi terima kasih kepada ahli kita Saya Suka GIS seperti dibawah telah menasihat supaya menggunakan modul Clip dibawah Geoprocessing tool dan betul, ianya lebih mudah. Betul. Jelas ini menunjukkan bahawa walaupun mempunyai Sarjana dalam GIS tidak bermakna saya tahu semua mengenai GIS. Sekali lagi, banyak terima kasih.


How to crop a map?

This task is usually carried out using a proprietary GIS by my support staff upon request by a client. Now that some of them have adopted QGIS, they asked me if and how cropping could be it done using QGIS. In theory I knew it could but I admitted I never went about trying since that task was often  delegated to them. I was earlier using the Split feature module to crop but thanks to our member Saya Suka GIS below who guided me below to use the Clip module under Geoprocessing tool yes, it is much simplier. This proves that eventhough having a Masters in GIS does not mean I'm a Mr. Know-It-All in GIS. Many thanks, again.

6 comments:

  1. en Abbas..i think Clip function under Geoprocessing tools would be better...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alamak! You are right. I did the long-cut version and here is a short-cut version. Time to amend the above. Banyak terima kasih.

      Delete
    2. no problem en abbas.. sharing knowledge..hehehe

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much! I have looked for this feature for a long long time and now I found it. Greetings from a QGIS user from Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you are happy. Compliments like this make my day ... and from an ASEAN country. You're welcome.

      Delete