18/10/2013

* Talk: Suveyors (J44-J54) get exposed to QGIS at INSTUN, Tanjung Malim 17.10.2013



Talk: Suveyors (J44-J54) get exposed to QGIS at INSTUN, Tanjung Malim 17.10.2013

Yesterday, I was invited and gave an hour's talk on Open Source GIS with QGIS being the reference tool but of course! It was held at the Survey Department's training institue in Tanjung Malim "where the deers and the antelopes roam" (Sorry I got carried away with a song). Actually to the locals, it is located in such a then forsaken place that only jinns can be found. Well I think I did a good presentation and as usual often got side track and was advised by the Secretariat to move on and not hog the limelight :-D Senior members there asked why I did not promote it with MaCGDI, the government agency that champions GIS and geospatial data which I said I already did last year so the ball is in their corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment